For our History class, we were told to do a metacognition exercise to look back on what we’ve done since the lockdown began.
- These are the three activities that helped me learn the most about the beginning of the Cold War:
- Multiple Intelligences: this activity consisted in doing several multiple intelligences activities about the causes of the cold war. I found it really useful since I hadn’t understand some causes and doing activities about them really helped me to understand everything properly (https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/15a0DiraGglayyR2xR4btN5cG51Can7jwQGGbSgqXKss/edit?usp=sharing)
- Mock questions: we had to answer some mock questions (two questions and one essay) in groups. It really helped me get a better understanding of the topic since I was able to connect everything I had learned in the ‘Multiple Intelligences’ activity. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/12sD9z5lUptC0_ltZuUGyip6ym0PnmFNKEZMaCQByLmU/edit?usp=sharing)
- Flipgrid final revision: each student was assigned a topic to make a video on and share it with everyone else. Both making my own video and watching my classmates’ videos helped because they were all short, and easy to understand. (https://flipgrid.com/lennyambrosini)
3. I think I could’ve done better at the test. I didn’t work that well since I rushed to finish before the timer ended and I think that I could’ve expanded more in some questions if I hadn’t.
4. a) I would rate my attendance to class a 9/10 since I attended every class, participated whenever I could and I believe I worked really well both individually and in group work. However, once I couldn’t participate in a meet because I was having some issues with my wifi. b) I would rate the quality of my work a 9.5/10 since I believe I did really good in classwork both individual and grupal. However, in the test I didn’t do as well as in the other activities.